Kyoto Prefecture and Softbank, a Japan’s leading communication system provider, signed a comprehensive tie-ups agreement on December 2 2016 to improve services for people in Kyoto and promotions for tourism by taking advantages of ICT, AI and robot.
The agreement covers the following six fields:
- For improvement of services for people in Kyoto Prefecture by using ICT, AI and robots
- For delivery of information on tourism and for tourism promotion
- For children and juvenile education
- For medical supports to elder people and disabled people
- For environmental sustainability
- For local revitalization
The pair has already worked together for Internet rules for young people and reusable energy, and the new agreement is expected to extend the partnership.